Photolog: BARCELONA

Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia, sits on the Mediterranean just an hour or so from France. The city, I soon discovered, is a major tourist destination ... and for good reason.

Full of museums showcasing everything from Picasso to Catalonian history and art to chocolate, Barcelona boasts several World Heritage Sites as well as reknowned architectural works of Antoni Gaudi.

Click on the following links for photos and descriptions from my trip to Barcelona!

City Scenes, Barcelona

Montjuïc's Fountain

La Boqueria, Barcelona

Fish, La Boqueria, Barcelona


Poble Espanyol, Barcelona

Glassblower, Poble Espanyol


Cooking Class, Barcelona

Cook & Taste class, Barcelona


Park Güell, Barcelona

Leaf, Park Güell, Barcelona


La Sagrada Família, Barcelona

La Sagrada Família, Barcelona

Montserrat, Spain

Montserrat


Collioure, France

Collioure, France

Or see them all as one large collection here!



6 comments:

Beetle said...

We were in Barcelona last month...Yeah,it is really wonderful city...I amazed to finally seen Gaudi creation

Waldo Oiseau said...

I loved the Gaudi architecture, too!

Erin said...

I wish I would have realized that this was your blog as well last night! I remember when I first looked at this post - loved it! We could have talked Barcelona/Spain! Next time, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. It's no wonder why Barcelona city is so popular. Fabulous architecture, brilliant Spanish cuisine, flamboyant culture and wonderful weather combine to make Barcelona a truly magnificent city. I liked that city has a very good infrastructure and nice service and also that many of Barcelona hotels situated in historical center or close to awesome beaches. Barcelona has a Mediterranean climate, with mild, humid winters and warm, dry summers.
It is really amazing and magic city, I like it very much.

Unknown said...

Barcelona is a really beautiful place and for sure it's worth visiting. It's one of those places you want to move to after visiting.
It's so beautiful, so vibrant, the city that never sleeps and would never bore you. I've been to Barcelona 5 times and I get to know it better and better and like it more and more.
One of the greatest things in Barcelona is its architecture. It's not only Antonio Gaudi who makes it special but every building in Barcelona is different and one is more beautiful then another.

Waldo Oiseau said...

You are right, Barcelona is an intriguing city. However, I must say that when I think of the place my heart knows to be "home," it's Provence.